Saturday, December 27, 2008

Just Imagine

"Anything worth having in life takes faith, and when that faith happens it's a beautiful thing. At the end of the game, I said, 'Thank God,' and I meant it. We needed that one." - Kevin McHale, after beating the Knicks, 120-107.

Bury -St. Edmond, England -
Well, that's the thanks I get! After actually going to Christmas Services at Westminister Abbey,


and then walking around the ruins, ancient cathedral and cemetary at Bury,

praying for the Wolves' redemption, this is all the credit I receive. I mean, they had police with semi-automatic rifles guarding the Abbey, for Pete's sake! And, though I was particularly praying for guidance as to the whereabouts of our missing roster, I did throw in a plea for a win...I mean, it was the Knicks after all; it was no heavy lifting for the Creator of the Universe, the one who made heaven and earth and brought Mickey Rourke back from the dead to star in another major motion picture.
A win against the Magic tonight (or an Oscar for Mickey) is asking a whole lot more...but one can imagine...

No comments: