The current recipe for the complex cocktail known as the Timberwolves franchise:
- 1 part hopeful off-season
- 2 months disastrous start
- 1 firing of a head coach
- Mix in demoted VP as new head coach, stir roster, then chill for 13 losses.
- Add in 1 recovering month
- shake franchise vigorously with unlucky injury
This is where I belly away from the bar, because unless the mixologist changes, the drink itself will never really change. The proprieters of the franchise consistently try to sell you on what good taste really is (30 wins, low playoff seeds, etc), and suggest you should be thankful for the product. The one year they had a great drink special, it was judged a failure. Go figure.
Well, while not quite the equivalent of a 12 step program, I'm going to go on hiatus for a bit and try to move in a different direction. I'm going to be writing for a site called American Chronicle, and expand my beverage selection. We'll see what happens...
See ya when I see ya.