Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"We Were Looking Ahead to Minnesota"

Photo by NBAE/Getty Images

(Useless Press Incorporated - Oklahoma City, OK, November 25, 2008)
Matt Barnes hit the winning shot with 21 seconds left in the fourth quarter, and the Phoenix Suns held on to beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 99-98, in Oklahoma City. The Suns, playing without Shaquille O'Neal, who was a DNP-Coach's Decision, were behind the majority of the game, playing lackluster ball until late in the fourth quarter.

"Between having no energy and holding Shaq back to rest, we were lucky to win", commented Suns coach Terry Porter. "I think we were looking ahead to Minnesota tomorrow, given the juggernaut they're assembling up there. Look what they did to the Pistons. Even though they took advantage of some pretty cold outside shooting last Sunday, I know they're thinking they've turned the corner, especially Randy Foye. As little as that team has won the last few years, I know I would be selling that if I were Kevin McHale and Randy Wittman. I was up there for a couple of years, so I know how McHale thinks."

Amare Stoudemire led the Suns with 22 points and 7 rebounds, going a +15 for the night. "Yeah, I might have been looking ahead to tomorrow night just a bit," said Stoudemire. "I heard about how the Wolves broadcasters keep saying Al Jefferson torched me last year, and that was the reason why they brought Shaq in. Hopefully, the big fella can go tomorrow night, but if he can't, I guess it's time to see if he can do it again. I've got tickets to First Avenue tomorrow, so I'd like to see--unlike tonight--if we could close them out before the fourth quarter. I like to at least catch part of the show."

Steve Nash,who had 15 assists along with 20 points, is also looking forward to tomorrow's game. "What can I say, it's close to Canada", Nash offered. "I can't wait to see if Randy Foye is for real, after his game against Detroit. I know a lot of fans up there are still upset they gave up Roy to get him, but maybe he's finally coming out. This should be fun."

The game will start at 6pm, Mountain Time, on Fox Sports Arizona.

No comments: