Sunday, October 28, 2007

Maybe I'm Amazed...

"Maybe I'm amazed at the way you pulled me out of time
and hung me on a line
maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you" - Paul McCartney/Maybe I'm Amazed

Consider ME amazed!

I never thought any situation in real life could actually bring meaning to a Paul McCartney lyric. But those lines echoed in my head as I read Rick Alonzo's Q & A this morning with Glen Taylor in the PPress. Is there any greater friend/mentor/boss that Kevin McHale has than Glen Taylor? My goodness, what does one have to do to earn that sort of loyalty, or was it just kismet between those two? It inspires me to offer a new nickname for Mr. Taylor...the Human Deflector, or Mr. Deflector, to be respectful.

Why are all these folks throwing each other under the bus, just to curry public opinion? I'm sure C. Billups will be delighted to know--after all these years--that his current coach didn't think he was worth resigning in Minnesota. Is Mr. Taylor's spin that KG may have spoken with forked tounge on the subject of whether he supported Flip or not supposed to win us over to McHale's side? Who are we supposed to believe? Why should we care?

When you get down to it, isn't the real issue simply performance?

"maybe I'm a man maybe I'm a lonely man

who's in the middle of something
that he doesn't really understand...."

Even though it was hard for many to see KG leave in the manner he did, I think anyone with an ounce of sensibility should know that if the Wolves were suddenly able to post a winning record and compete for a championship within a few years, public opinion toward McHale would change for the better. Isn't that what fans are mostly plunking down their hard earned money for...a chance to see winning competition?

Maybe it's time for all involved to finally move on, and focus on the task of rebuilding the team.
Maybe that will help me understand...

No comments: