Saturday, March 24, 2007

Another Sports Blog !?!

While I've thought of blogs as rather self-indulgent, I thought I would give this a try.

Why?

Having occasionally posted on Britt Robson's "Three Pointer" (City Pages, Rake Magazine), I found the exercise to be fun and engaging. Jousting with the other posters--and Britt--was a great way to suffer though another mediocre Timberwolves season. However last week, I entered a post comparing the Wolves to some of the lower seeded college teams, especially one situation where Marist has reached the Sweet 16 in the women's tourney.

That never reached the light of day.

While he has every right to nix my submission, suddenly it took all the fun out of responding creatively to his initial post. It seemed rather cranky and petty to me, and while I enjoy his perspective and posts on the Wolves--other than his worship of one Kevin Garnett--it didn't seem to be worth it to spend the time wondering which subject is worthy for posting and which one isn't. He's not Arianna Huffington for Jim Pete's sake! A little consistency and humility would be nice.

So, I'm trying this out with zero expectations. I won't--as Stephen Litel tried to do--speak for the entire nation of Timberwolves fans in open letters to underperforming Timberwolves players. I'll talk mainly about the Wolves, but when something catches my eye--like the Marist story, where my daughter goes to college--I'll talk about it. And, if others happen to read and want to respond, the more the merrier.

I don't have the time to respond to every game, so a couple of times a week, or as stories inspire, I'll be "posting up".

Hoop Springs Eternal!

No comments: